No Day But Today

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Blah

I haven't posted in just over two months now, for which I apologize.

A lot's been going on in my life. Not really, but it still feels good to say that. I've been to several summer camps already, including an uber-geeky overnight computer camp and a slightly less geeky day camp at my future school. First in this post, I shall talk about the uber-geeky overnight computer camp.

It was a game-modding camp, which means that we went into Warcraft III and made new characters, buildings, enemies, and levels. It was some pretty fun stuff. We also got a copy of the full game, including expansion packs and strategy guides. On the plus side, I was one of only three girls in the overnight section, so there was some automatic popularity going on. Which rocked, because I'm pretty unpopular at school, since I was a dork up until about 7th grade. Come to think of it, I'm still sort of a dork. But whatever. I'll live. So when the game-modding section (about ten people) had their "graduation," we all went out and sat on a lawn in the middle of the college campus where the camp was held, and received a full copy of Warcraft III, which is the CD vresion of World of Warcraft. Even worse is the fact that I'm addicted to the game now.

And now on to the less geeky day camp at my future school.
It consists of four different periods, in which you can take four different classes. There is a plethora of different class choices, so hardly anybody has the same schedule as anybody else.
First period I had baking. We got to make all sorts ofd stuff from Strawberry Roulades to Apple Pie to Chocolate Mousse. When we made chocolate chip cookies, we had more dough than would fit on a single cookie sheet, but not by much. Nobody really wanted to start another sheet, so the teacher let us eat the rest of the dough. That was awesome because my mom is super paranoid about samonella and won't let me eat anything with raw eggs in it.
Next period was a buisness class. We learned about running a shop, then ran a candy store during the free time after lunch.
Lunch was kind of interesting because there was a methadone clinic right across the street from the cafeteria, ehich was a couple of blocks away from the school. That meant that every morning there were a bunch of creepy heroin people hanging around on the other side of the road.
After lunch was Stained Glass. We didn't dye the glass, but we cut it and ground it and sodered it together. I made a jukebox. It's pretty cool looking, with a whole bunch of different colors and textures.
Last was Recreational Sports. Not much to say there. We pretty much played a bunch of different team sports every day. Dodgeball, Kickball, Soccer, Basketball, Ultimate Frisbee, etc.

That's all for now folks!

3 Comments:

  • omfg! i wish i could do stuff like that...i am a total dork too...i read all the time and god knows what else....i love the word uber! do you have myspace?

    By Blogger M, at 8:40 PM  

  • yeah, but i don't feel comfortable giving out the url here. you know, to prevent rapists from finding me or whatever.

    By Blogger Ravens n' Robins, at 10:31 PM  

  • totally understand...finished the dreaded standardized testing today...do you have that where you live?

    By Blogger M, at 12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home